Stretch marks are raised regions of skin that resemble lines or stripes. In medical terms, they are referred to as ‘striae’, and are scars formed by microscopic rips in the skin’s dermis layer.
According to a 2013 study, stretch marks affect between 50% to 80% of adults.
Stretch marks appear when the collagen and elastin fibres of the skin are stretched, such as when a person develops or gains weight quickly. They usually fade to a lighter, scar-like look with time.
Causes of Stretch Marks on Buttocks
Due to the rapid stretching of the skin caused by overgrowth, stretch marks appear on your buttocks. Here are several factors that cause stretch marks, including:
- Weightlifting & bodybuilding
- Overuse of cortisol-containing skin lotions.
- Medication that prevents the creation of collagen.
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Marfan syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Atypical collagen formation
See Also: Does Laser Treatment Help With Scarring?
Ways to Prevent Stretch Marks on Buttocks at Home
To prevent stretch marks, you can consider using the following remedies:
1. Healthy Diet
As nutrition impacts skin health, it stands to reason that it can also impact stretch marks. Eat a healthy, balanced diet to avoid stretch marks. Ensure you obtain enough vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, and silicon.
2. Apply Oil
Several people believe that the following oils help lessen or remove the appearance of stretch marks: coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, and castor oil.
According to 2012 research, the combination of almond oil and massage proved beneficial in preventing stretch marks in pregnant women. However, researchers are uncertain if the favorable benefits are due to the massage, the oil, or both.
3. Avoid Corticosteroids
Corticosteroid creams, lotions, and tablets should be avoided. They reduce the skin’s ability to stretch, resulting in stretch marks appearing on your skin.
4. Keep Hydrated
Water is essential for your skin. Drink at least seven to eight glasses of water daily. Your skin will be less robust if it is not well hydrated.
5. Regular Physical Activity
Light stretching exercises performed daily may assist in preserving the suppleness and flexibility of your skin and aid in weight loss, which is known to be a source of stretch marks.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Quickly?
Stretch marks can be treated in numerous ways. However, while therapy may reduce the appearance of stretch marks, it will not fully eliminate them.
Topical Treatments to Remove Stretch Marks from Bum
Your doctor may offer topical therapy after evaluating the reason for the stretch marks on your back. This is the most often used way of treating stretch marks and includes:
- Tretinoin cream: According to some experts, tretinoin cream improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Trofolastin and Alphastria creams: These anti-stretch mark creams can have favorable outcomes and are recommended by many doctors.
- Silicone gel: Collagen levels improve while melanin level decreases in stretch marks when silicone gel is applied.
Alternative Treatment Options
Stretch mark treatments come in a variety of forms. Keep in mind, however, that therapies cannot fully eradicate them. Among the options are:
- Platelet-rich Plasma: injections of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can help regenerate collagen, making stretch marks less noticeable, according to a 2018 study.
- Microneedling: Microneedling, also known as collagen induction treatment, creates microscopic punctures in the top layer of skin to stimulate elastin and collagen formation. Microneedling stretch marks require up to six treatments spread out over six months for best results.
- Microdermabrasion: According to a 2014 study, microdermabrasion had the same effect on stretch marks as tretinoin cream.
- Laser treatment: Stretch marks can be reduced using laser treatment. Several weeks of therapy and up to 20 sessions are required to complete the treatment.
These are some ways to get rid of stretch marks on your bum quickly. Laser treatment is usually one of the most successful and popular treatments for removing scars.
You May Like: Plasma Pen Vs. Botox – Which Is Better?
Cost of Laser Stretch Mark Removal in New Jersey
Insurance does not pay the cost of laser therapy since it is not a medical necessity. The average cost of skin resurfacing or stretch mark therapy is $2,600 for ablative procedures and $1,400 for non-ablative procedures in New Jersey.
The Best Stretch Mark Removal Laser Treatment in Freehold, NJ
If you seek dermatologists in Freehold, NJ, The Youth Fountain offers the best laser stretch mark treatment. Contact us now to schedule a laser treatment session to help eliminate stretch marks or stretch marks on your bum!