The aging process is unavoidable. You cannot suddenly reverse time to appear younger and more rejuvenated. However, we can help you regain your confidence and lessen the appearance of a weary or dull face with the right aesthetic treatment.
You’ve probably heard about dermal filler or thread lifts as Instagram’s popular topics but might be unsure which is best for you. This blog post was designed to help clarify the distinctions between the treatments and, hopefully, provide insight into the benefits and hazards of each.
Everything is about the face
As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) data, approximately 250,000 more cosmetic procedures were done in 2018 as compared to the previous year. The number of people opting for cosmetic procedures has increased constantly over the past 5 years. The ASPS data states that 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures were conducted in 2018, and 1.9 million were completed in 2020.
Typically, the following procedures are more popular:
- Upper eyelid surgery
- Lower eyelid surgery
- Endoscopic brow lift
- Facial implants
Of course, not all patients want to go ‘under the knife,’ which has led to several non-surgical options. Skin tone is addressed by some treatments, such as IPL (intense pulsed light), while wrinkles are managed by treatments like muscle-relaxing injections.
Filler vs. Thread lifts
The greatest solutions for those who desire to lift their sagging skin extensively are:
- Dermal fillers
- Thread lift
What can they accomplish?
- Fillers add volume to specific problem areas and require touch-ups. They have a moderate lifting capacity.
- Thread lifts provide a mild lift by tightening and lifting the entire face in a single treatment.
How long is the treatment?
- A dermal filler treatment takes 10-15 minutes “in the chair.”
- Thread lifts take about 60 minutes to complete.
How long does it last?
- Dermal filler injections provide results that last 6 to 18 months.
- Thread lift results last for about 3 years.
What is the expected downtime?
- After dermal filler therapy, the majority of patients resume their routine activities right away. Swelling, redness and bruising may develop, although these usually go away within a few days.
- Patients who have had a thread lift can resume most activities after 7-10 days, but they must be cautious for the next 7-10 days.
When will the benefits of the procedure be visible to me?
- Dermal fillers typically provide instant rejuvenation.
- Thread lifts produce instant results, but the complete advantages may take up to ten days to manifest.
Are there any side effects?
- Fillers can develop lumps and a bloated appearance in the face if they are used incorrectly.
- Threads might be visible, migrate, and can fail to hold the skin in place due to poor technique.
Does the procedure hurt?
- Dermal filler injections cause pain on a scale of four, equivalent to a bug bite or rubber band snaps. Only using a topical anesthetic is needed because users generally rate the pain as a 4.
- Thread lifts are more intrusive, and people score the pain as 7, and local anesthetics are required for the procedure.
Benefits of derma fillers
Dermal fillers can contour, firm, and revitalize an aged face while also promoting collagen production. This treatment can help with lax jawlines, nasolabial folds, facial hollowness, lines, and wrinkles.
Today’s injections can be fine-tuned with several main strengths, each tailored to give distinct outcomes, thanks to the outstanding breakthroughs in dermal filler technology:
- Soft dermal fillers- Are a type of dermal filler that can be used to smooth small wrinkles, reshape lips, and provide subtle, natural-looking effects.
- Thick dermal fillers — Provide more dramatic results, restore facial volume, fill and contour cheeks and jawlines.
- Dermal filler with hydration boost — Rehydrates crepey skin by replenishing collagen storage and increasing water content.
Benefits of thread lifts
Modern-day thread lifts use bio-absorbable threads, which disappear in about 7 months and offer most of the benefits of a surgical facelift minus the months of downtime. Thread lifts encourage collagen production in the target areas and, as a result, provide several key advantages. These include:
- Younger-looking skin
- Improved skin tone, skin elasticity, and texture
- Zero scarring
- Enhanced definition of facial contours
- The results appear natural without any dimpling or over-pulling
- Lessened visibility of wrinkles and fine lines
So, which is better dermal filler or thread lifts?
If you’re searching for a non-invasive and discreet method, we would say both dermal fillers and thread lifts treatments have their unique benefits. If you have a single or a few areas of concern, dermal fillers are a terrific option. For example, cheek filler can instantly lift and volumize your cheek area with no downtime. The thread lift is a treatment that lifts the entire face in one sitting and offers a majority of the benefits of a surgical facelift without the long healing time.
Thread lifts and dermal fillers in Freehold, NJ
Want to feel young and rejuvenated again? Let our team help you select the best procedure for you. Contact the skin experts at The Youth Fountain to get the best dermal fillers and thread lifts in New Jersey. We have professional dermatological experts who can help you get the best-suited treatment for healthier, younger-looking skin.
—- Photo by Unsplash