Beauty standards are changing, and so are the needs of different people. A trend or rather a beauty standard that people want to reach is getting fuller and plumper lips. This is possible through lip augmentation. Dermal lip augmentation is a simple process that aims to make your lips fuller and smoother. Read on to learn more.
Important Details About Lip Augmentation Using Dermal Fillers
Before opting for dermal fillers, you should know the following:
- Temporary lip enhancement is possible with hyaluronic acid fillers. JuvedermÒ and RestylaneÒ are two brands commonly used in this treatment.
- Dermal filler injections can increase lip volume, improve lip shape, and smooth vertical lines, depending on the filler used.
- The effects last between 4 months to a year, with an average of six months. Treatments must be periodically repeated to retain the results.
- Patients should avoid receiving these services from dubious outlets.
- Well-trained and skilled professionals will improve your natural smile by smoothing your lips and the area surrounding your lips.
- Lip augmentation is often misunderstood to appear artificial. Lips can look natural and fit your facial structure perfectly in the hands of a skilled professional.
- For mature patients who do not prefer a shift in the size or shape of the lip, it is possible to treat the vertical lip lines and add structure to the lips.
Key Facts Regarding Dermal Lip Filler Injections
- Treatments take less than 30 minutes.
- The amount of fillers used in your treatment process can be adjusted as required to attain the most natural and desired result.
- The results should be instantly visible.
- Temporary inflammation, bruising, or redness at the injection site are common side effects. If there is some swelling, it generally heals within some days.
- The effects can also be reduced if you sleep with an additional pillow to keep your head elevated.
- Severe complications are exceptionally rare when care is done by a competent provider.
- Since hyaluronic acid fillers stimulate collagen production, each treatment results in permanent, long-lasting collagen production.
Benefits of Dermal Lip Fillers
The major benefits provided by dermal lip fillers are:
- Fuller lips would rejuvenate your overall appearance, with improved and desired looks and increased self-esteem and confidence.
- The hyaluronic acid present in fillers is excellent for giving lips a naturally fuller appearance.
- It helps getting rid of wrinkles, fine lines, and signs of aging, making you look younger and rejuvenated.
- Patients opting for hyaluronic acid fillers seldom experience adverse effects and allergic reactions.
- When it comes to natural fillers, you have the choice of allowing them to gradually produce optimal results over time, especially if you are unsure of your appearance.
- They have an added advantage over lip implants because the results of these lip injections will last for approximately six months. As a result, you have the choice to try out your new look.
- The ability to customize and tailor the treatment based on your individual needs is also an exciting advantage of the lip injection-based lip enhancement method.
Tips to Prevent Aging Signs On and Around Your Lips
Certain methods to avoid symptoms of aging on your lips and skin are mentioned below:
- Use a daily moisturizer with an SPF cover.
- Apply an SPF lip balm to your lips every day and reapply as required. Since the skin on your lips is soft, delicate, and thin, it needs extra protection.
- If you are going to be outside in the sun for an extended duration, wear sunscreen. Sunscreen with a wide spectrum cover, which protects against both UVA and UVB rays, should be used. It must also have a sun protection factor of 30 or higher and be water-resistant. Remember that the sun’s effects are just as strong in the winter, so do not forget to take care of your skin.
- Avoid doing repetitive facial movements over and over again, as you would when chewing gum or drinking from a straw. The lines you build will become permanent if you do so.
- Quit smoking.
- Do not opt for tanning beds.
At The Youth Fountain, Freehold, NJ, we provide various dermal lip filler treatments customized to the patients’ requirements. Contact our team of board-certified medical professionals and skin experts to get the most effective lip augmentation by dermal filler treatments in New Jersey. We can help you to learn more about your lip augmentation choices and how to protect your lips and skin from sun damage. We are available for your service anytime you need us.