A peptide is basically a polymer created by linking subunits of amino acids. Typically, a peptide molecule can be active biologically by itself or act as a subunit for a larger molecule. For example, proteins are basically very large peptides that often consist of multiple peptide subunits. Peptides are very important because they are the basic building blocks of toxins, hormones, proteins, cells, enzymes, and body tissues.
What Is Peptide Hormone?
Peptide hormones are also amino acids that are linked with each other by bonds. They are found in every tissue and cell in the body, and they can perform various functions that are vital in our life. Some of the popular peptide hormones include:
- Growth Hormone
- Parathyroid hormone
- ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic Hormone)
Key Functions of the Peptide Hormones in Human Body
Remember that the list given above is very short compared to all the peptide hormones in your body. Each of the peptide hormones in your body serves a distinct function in the body.
- For example, the hormone ACTH is secreted by the pituitary gland. It controls the cortisol hormone production and regulates metabolism in your body. Cortisol hormone is related to how your body reacts to stress.
- Likewise, insulin is a hormone that helps regulate your body’s blood sugar and is secreted by the pancreas.
- The growth hormone is secreted by your brain’s pituitary gland and acts on all the tissues in your body to manage metabolism and growth.
- Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland, and it plays an essential role in male reproduction and the childbirth process. It is also called the “cuddle hormone” or “love hormone” because it calms you and makes it easier for you to deal with stress. It is usually released when people cuddle together or bond socially.
- The parathyroid glands secrete the parathyroid hormone (PTH), which assists the body to maintain calcium levels in your blood stable through its effects on the kidney, bone, and intestine.
Additional Benefits of Peptide Hormones
Besides the functions listed above, some other benefits of the peptide hormones include the following:
- Collagen is a protein that is usually found in the hair, skin, and nails. Taking collagen supplements helps improve skin health and can slow down the aging process.
- Additionally, collagen peptides can also mitigate inflammation and act as antioxidants, resulting in faster and enhanced wound healing because they are a vital component of healthy skin. This is particularly useful for people with disrupted healing abilities, such as some people with diabetes that suffer from non-healing injuries and wounds.
- Certain studies on animals reveal that a moderate collagen peptide intake increases bone mass and can prevent age-related bone loss. However, more research is needed to know if the results apply to humans.
- Some studies on older adults suggest that creatine peptides are found helpful in improving strength and can help in building muscle mass.
Antimicrobial Functions of Peptides
Peptide hormones are also known to play an essential role against disease-causing pathogens. Some of these include:
- Many antimicrobial peptides are useful for treating conditions like hepatitis C, pneumonia, HIV, etc.
- Peptides also have a pivotal function in several vaccines. That’s because peptide-based vaccines replicate the natural proteins present in disease-causing germs. This can enable certain responses to be replicated in your body when the vaccine is administered.
- Antimicrobial peptides can also rejuvenate your skin.
See Also: Filler vs. Thread Lift: Which Is Better?
The Youth Fountain Peptide Hormone Services
The Youth Fountain offers different types of customized peptide hormone services based on the specific requirements of our clients. Listed here are some peptide hormone treatments offered by our team:
- If you are looking for anti-aging solutions, Dr. Shakov may recommend one or more peptides, depending on the symptoms.
- For patients looking for a replacement for growth hormone, the doctor will most probably use peptides like CJC, Sermorelin, or Ipamorelin.
- If you have intestinal disorders or are recovering from injuries, he may suggest BPC-157. In the case of patients with erectile dysfunction and improvement of libido, PT-141 may be recommended.
- Nootropics like Selank, Cerbrolysin, and Semax may be helpful if you have trouble with memory or concentration.
- You can also note that peptides can help with muscle building and weight loss.
However, always remember it is very dangerous to experiment with peptides on yourself without the proper advice of a licensed medical professional. This is because using compounds or hormones made by various experimental or, at times, even questionable substances may not have any sterility or safety controls.
How Can Peptide Therapy Specialist Help?
At The Youth Fountain, you need not worry about such things as all our peptides come from the most reliable medical sources. Our team will create a peptide hormone treat, and our team will. So, if you are looking for a peptide therapy specialist in NJ, don’t forget to give us a call.